MADISON, Wis. - Two Madison teens questioned by police early Thursday are suspects in recent home burglaries, according to a release from Madison police.
The 13-year-old and 14-year-old were stopped by police after a woman reported two teens popped up next to her car as she sat in a parking lot in the 6600 block of Offshore Drive. The 31-year-old woman told police she was in her car relaxing to music after a night shift. She said the teens were surprised to see the woman and took off.
Officers found the teens riding bikes in the area. One had a cellphone in his pocket which he admitted was not his, according to police. The teens claimed they were lost and denied trying to steal items from cars.
The teens were cited on suspicion of trespassing and violating curfew.Madison crime map
- Angler catches massive trout, doesn't count for state record
- Overtime to catch Jakubowski cost Rock County Sheriff's Office $80,000
- Grant County school bus crash injures two
- Milwaukee TV station receives letter from author claiming to be Jakubowski
- Drugged driving deaths surpass drunken driving fatalities
- Police: Man who threw May Day Molotov cocktail arrested in Elkhart