A 15-year-old girl killed in a single-vehicle crash Wednesday in Grant County is identified as MaKayla Hore of Lancaster, according to the Grant County Sheriff's Office.
Deputies said four other teens involved in the crash remain hospitalized in conditions ranging from stable to critical but stable.
Emergency crews were called to Liberty Ridge Road between County Road E and Hill Road in Liberty Township at 4:42 p.m. on a report of a crash.
Deputies said the 16-year-old driver, Morgan Hoehne and three other passengers from Lancaster, were taken to Grant Regional Hospital and later transported by MedFlight and MedLink.
The other passengers are identified as Jena Hore, 17, Nathaniel Tranel, 15, and Kindra Yoose, 14.
Investigators said speed is a contributing factor in the crash and alcohol does not appear to be involved.
MaKayla Hore was wearing a seat belt at the time of the crash but deputies don't know if any of the other teens were wearing seat belts.
All victims are students at Lancaster High School. Deputies said the high school was offering counseling services to students.
- UW-Madison chosen to test autonomous vehicles
- Woman pinned in van after crash with ambulance on Hwy. 12
- Increase in garage burglaries reported in Sun Prairie
- Man accused of trying to kill unborn child in Wis. arrested in NY
- Two men charged with armed robbery in Monroe
- Crews deal with dwindling salt supply, funds amid icy winter