MADISON, Wis. - Two Madison teenagers were arrested after being caught trying to take golf carts out for a "joy ride" early Wednesday morning, officials said.
The 14- and 12-year-old boys were caught in the 100 block of South Westfield Road around 1:55 a.m. at the Tamarack Trails condominiums, according to a release.
The maintenance shed at the condominium complex had been hit several times this summer by burglars taking the golf carts out for a ride, officials said.
A resident called police after seeing flashlight beams and hearing banging noises, according to the release. A door of the shed had been pried open.
Both boys were arrested on charges of burglary and possession of tools used to burglarize. The 14-year-old was also charged with possession of drug paraphernalia.Madison crime map
- Two men charged with armed robbery in Monroe
- Crash involving ambulance closes U.S. Highway 12
- Crews deal with dwindling salt supply, funds amid icy winter
- Monona cafe calls for action after no charges in embezzlement case
- Consumer Reports: Should you buy Ikea appliances?
- Consumer Reports: Foods that heal