MONTELLO, Wis. - Two teenagers were arrested after an investigation into numerous fires in central Wisconsin, according to the Marquette County Sheriff's Office.
Jayson A. Reetz, 19, of Ripon and Adam J. Friedl, 17, of Neshkoro were arrested on suspicion of numerous counts of arson.
Investigators said Reetz and Friedl are responsible for numerous intentionally set fires located in the Neshkoro Township including the Camp Budsin community center, a large grain operation building and a residence in both Marquette and Waushara counties.
Five fires connected to the case were set between Aug. 19 and Dec. 4, according to authorities.
Reetz is being held in the Marquette County Jail on a $25,000 cash bond and Friedl was released from jail after posting bond.
Both are scheduled to appear in court Jan. 7.
- 'Out of the darkness' walk for suicide prevention
- Woman may face charges after being thrown from vehicle during crash
- Officials ID fatal Grant County crash victim
- Police: Electronics taken from Boscobel home Friday
- Armed robberies in Monona, Madison may be connected, Monona PD says
- Widow of slayed Racine man wants ban of hollow-point bullets