MONTELLO, Wis. - Two teenagers were arrested after an investigation into numerous fires in central Wisconsin, according to the Marquette County Sheriff's Office.
Jayson A. Reetz, 19, of Ripon and Adam J. Friedl, 17, of Neshkoro were arrested on suspicion of numerous counts of arson.
Investigators said Reetz and Friedl are responsible for numerous intentionally set fires located in the Neshkoro Township including the Camp Budsin community center, a large grain operation building and a residence in both Marquette and Waushara counties.
Five fires connected to the case were set between Aug. 19 and Dec. 4, according to authorities.
Reetz is being held in the Marquette County Jail on a $25,000 cash bond and Friedl was released from jail after posting bond.
Both are scheduled to appear in court Jan. 7.
- Complaint: 14-year-old's father finds sexual assault suspect in closet
- Attempt to drill into SUV gas tank ignites fuel, MFD says
- New Glarus man stopped for expired vehicle registration faces 6th OWI
- Man robbed at gunpoint in parking lot, police say
- Bicyclist injured in collision with Buick, fire officials say
- Police: Student critically hurt in Kenosha school stabbing