SUN PRAIRIE, Wis. - Five Sun Prairie teenagers were arrested in connection with an investigation into a rash of vehicle break-ins in eastern Dane County this summer, according to the Dane County Sheriff's Office.
The thieves entered vehicles through unlocked doors and took small electronics and cash, according to deputies.
Dylan Trumpy and Akira Yang, both 17, were arrested on suspicion of party to theft. Yang was also arrested on suspicion of party to burglary. An 18-year-old man and two 16-year-old girls are cooperating with investigators and are expected to be charged later.
Deputies said all of the stolen goods were sold.
- Four displaced in west side apartment fire
- 'Peaceful' protests, candlelight vigil held in Madison over Trump inauguration
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- Classes teach Madisonians how to keep backyard bees
- Judge orders suspended UW student to face trial
- First responders urge people to stay off ice this weekend