SUN PRAIRIE, Wis. - Five Sun Prairie teenagers were arrested in connection with an investigation into a rash of vehicle break-ins in eastern Dane County this summer, according to the Dane County Sheriff's Office.
The thieves entered vehicles through unlocked doors and took small electronics and cash, according to deputies.
Dylan Trumpy and Akira Yang, both 17, were arrested on suspicion of party to theft. Yang was also arrested on suspicion of party to burglary. An 18-year-old man and two 16-year-old girls are cooperating with investigators and are expected to be charged later.
Deputies said all of the stolen goods were sold.
- Family remembers fire that took 4 kids' lives 25 years later
- Plea deal reached in killing of 13-year-old girl in 1982
- Madison Club donation focuses on 100 Black Men, achievement gap
- Madison Metro bus driver retires after half a century
- City streets dept. denies telling MMSD roads were OK
- Icy conditions send more people to ER for falls