MADISON, Wis. - A Madison teenager robbed and threatened to stab another teenager, according to a report from Dane County Sheriff's Office.
Deputies said the 16-year-old victim was with friends outside a home on Alvarez Avenue in the town of Blooming Grove when Gairitt G. Schad, 17, an acquaintance of the victim, threatened to stab him if he didn't hand over his money late Wednesday night. Schad said he had a knife but didn't display it, according to the victim.
Schad and two accomplices left with the teenager's cash, deputies said. He was arrested early Thursday at his home on suspicion of armed robbery and disorderly conduct.
- Crews deal with dwindling salt supply, funds amid icy winter
- Monona cafe calls for action after no charges in embezzlement case
- Consumer Reports: Should you buy Ikea appliances?
- Consumer Reports: Foods that heal
- WEDC grants help grow entrepreneurship programs across state
- Political expert weighs in on effectiveness of Women's March movement