MADISON, Wis. - A 17-year-old was robbed at gunpoint early Saturday morning on Madison's near west side, officials said.
The intoxicated teen was walking in the area of Kendall and Summit avenues around 12:10 a.m. when a robber approached him and asked for his stuff, according to a release.
Officials said the robber displayed a gun and took the man's cellphone and wallet.
A Madison Police Department K-9 was used to track the robber but he was not located, according to the release.
The robber is described as a black male, 17 to 19 years old, with a dark complexion and a thin build. He was last seen wearing a gray hooded sweatshirt.Madison crime map
- MPD: Around 12,000 attend 2017 Mifflin Street Block Party; no serious incidents
- Officials identify woman killed in Middleton homicide; suspect in custody
- Robber points gun at motel clerk, flees empty-handed
- Wisconsin woman's play to take stage in San Diego
- Aging farmers in Wisconsin fear nursing care may cost farm
- Green Bay official explores ban on openly carrying guns