EDEN TOWNSHIP, Wis. - A deputy and a passing motorist pulled a teen from a rollover crash before the vehicle was fully engulfed in flames Friday morning, according to the Iowa County Sheriff's Office.
Deputies said the crash was reported at 6:05 a.m. on State Highway 18 at Blue River Road in Eden Township and a deputy was at the scene of the crash within one minute of the report.
The deputy said the vehicle overturned several times and a passing motorist helped him remove the driver, Dakota L. Michek, 18, of Rewey, before the vehicle became fully engulfed.
Michek was taken to Upland Hills Health in Dodgeville and later transported by University of Wisconsin Med Flight to University of Wisconsin Hospital.
Deputies said speed and alcohol are believed to be factors in the crash.
- Mars investigating Skittles said to be intended for cattle
- Judge denies motions to dismiss 4 charges against Alec Cook
- Man sentenced in heroin overdose death
- Man charged in fatal shooting of sheriff's deputy
- PD: Man hit in head, robbed during believed stereo equipment sale
- Wisconsin farmers could be affected by late cabinet pick