EDEN TOWNSHIP, Wis. - A deputy and a passing motorist pulled a teen from a rollover crash before the vehicle was fully engulfed in flames Friday morning, according to the Iowa County Sheriff's Office.
Deputies said the crash was reported at 6:05 a.m. on State Highway 18 at Blue River Road in Eden Township and a deputy was at the scene of the crash within one minute of the report.
The deputy said the vehicle overturned several times and a passing motorist helped him remove the driver, Dakota L. Michek, 18, of Rewey, before the vehicle became fully engulfed.
Michek was taken to Upland Hills Health in Dodgeville and later transported by University of Wisconsin Med Flight to University of Wisconsin Hospital.
Deputies said speed and alcohol are believed to be factors in the crash.
- State at high risk of wildfires after sunny, dry weather
- 15-year-old girl shot with BB gun at Elver Park
- Missing girl found in Fort Atkinson man's home; man faces federal kidnapping charges
- 2 seen fleeing scene of gunfire, crash, police say
- Prosecutor: Deputy was justified in shooting
- Man beaten, robbed outside apartment, police say