TOWN OF STRONGS PRAIRIE, Wis. - A 14-year-old Racine boy is hospitalized after being accidentally shot while target shooting with relatives in central Wisconsin.
Adams County sheriff's officials say the boy was shot about 6 p.m. Wednesday while in the Town of Strongs Prairie.
Authorities say the boy suffered a gunshot wound in the abdomen from a handgun being handled by a 64-year-old relative.
The boy was flown to a Marshfield hospital, where he is in stable condition.
Investigators say the shooting was likely an accident.
- Family remembers fire that took 4 kids' lives 25 years later
- Plea deal reached in killing of 13-year-old girl in 1982
- Madison Club donation focuses on 100 Black Men, achievement gap
- Madison Metro bus driver retires after half a century
- City streets dept. denies telling MMSD roads were OK
- Icy conditions send more people to ER for falls