TOWN OF STRONGS PRAIRIE, Wis. - A 14-year-old Racine boy is hospitalized after being accidentally shot while target shooting with relatives in central Wisconsin.
Adams County sheriff's officials say the boy was shot about 6 p.m. Wednesday while in the Town of Strongs Prairie.
Authorities say the boy suffered a gunshot wound in the abdomen from a handgun being handled by a 64-year-old relative.
The boy was flown to a Marshfield hospital, where he is in stable condition.
Investigators say the shooting was likely an accident.
- MPD: Around 12,000 attend 2017 Mifflin Street Block Party; no serious incidents
- Officials identify woman killed in Middleton homicide; suspect in custody
- Robber points gun at motel clerk, flees empty-handed
- Wisconsin woman's play to take stage in San Diego
- Aging farmers in Wisconsin fear nursing care may cost farm
- Green Bay official explores ban on openly carrying guns