MADISON, Wis. - Police said a teen walking downtown early Saturday was mugged at gunpoint.
The University of Wisconsin-Madison Police Department said a 19-year-old man was walking in the Lathrop Street area just north of Hoyt Street at approximately 12:30 a.m. Saturday when another man approached him and pointed a handgun at him, demanding his belongings.
The victim emptied his pockets and ran from the area, according to the release. The suspect took the victim's cell phone and fled prior to police arrival.
Police said the victim was not injured.
The robber is described as a black man in his 20s with a thin build, according to police. He is approximately 6 feet tall, weighs 150 pounds and was wearing a dark sweatshirt.
Campus police are working with the Madison Police Department on the case. Anyone with information about the mugging is asked to call the Madison Police Central District at 608-261-6964.
- Vet: Quick action saved dog who swallowed nails; Humane Society: 'This is now on our radar'
- State receives $20,000 grant to combat drugged driving
- Janesville police share internet safety tips for parents
- Facing deadline, most Wisconsin dairy farms find new buyer
- Congress considers removal of FDA oversight to e-cigarettes
- Madison middle school to require student uniforms