MADISON, Wis. - Police said a teen walking downtown early Saturday was mugged at gunpoint.
The University of Wisconsin-Madison Police Department said a 19-year-old man was walking in the Lathrop Street area just north of Hoyt Street at approximately 12:30 a.m. Saturday when another man approached him and pointed a handgun at him, demanding his belongings.
The victim emptied his pockets and ran from the area, according to the release. The suspect took the victim's cell phone and fled prior to police arrival.
Police said the victim was not injured.
The robber is described as a black man in his 20s with a thin build, according to police. He is approximately 6 feet tall, weighs 150 pounds and was wearing a dark sweatshirt.
Campus police are working with the Madison Police Department on the case. Anyone with information about the mugging is asked to call the Madison Police Central District at 608-261-6964.
- Increase in garage burglaries reported in Sun Prairie
- Man accused of trying to kill unborn child in Wis. arrested in NY
- Two men charged with armed robbery in Monroe
- Crash involving ambulance closes U.S. Highway 12
- Crews deal with dwindling salt supply, funds amid icy winter
- Madison cafe calls for action after no charges in embezzlement case