MILWAUKEE - A Florida teen injured in a Wisconsin amusement park ride finally got to meet the companion dog that actor Charlie Sheen is funding.
Teagan Marti suffered brain, spine, pelvis and internal injuries when nets and air bags that were supposed to catch her were not raised in 2010. She was paralyzed initially but can now walk with a walker.
Sheen wired $10,000 to the family in February after a family friend helped contact Sheen for help.
The family named the dog Charlie in honor of Sheen.
Fifteen-year-old Teagan said she was excited to meet the 4-month-old English Golden Retriever puppy Thursday. The family traveled to Milwaukee to meet Charlie, who is being trained in the Fond du Lac area.
She will get the dog for her September birthday.VIDEO: Teen meets Wisconsin dog paid for by Sheen
- Community supports boy fighting for his life
- Neighborhood initiative aims to diminish crime on Madison's east side
- Dodge Co. Sheriff asks for more student education after school threats made
- Two injured in Iowa County rollover crash
- Family: Milwaukee mother shot repeatedly in van
- Dane County airport wins award for food program