MILWAUKEE - A Florida teen injured in a Wisconsin amusement park ride finally got to meet the companion dog that actor Charlie Sheen is funding.
Teagan Marti suffered brain, spine, pelvis and internal injuries when nets and air bags that were supposed to catch her were not raised in 2010. She was paralyzed initially but can now walk with a walker.
Sheen wired $10,000 to the family in February after a family friend helped contact Sheen for help.
The family named the dog Charlie in honor of Sheen.
Fifteen-year-old Teagan said she was excited to meet the 4-month-old English Golden Retriever puppy Thursday. The family traveled to Milwaukee to meet Charlie, who is being trained in the Fond du Lac area.
She will get the dog for her September birthday.VIDEO: Teen meets Wisconsin dog paid for by Sheen
- Law enforcement warns of dangerous, ice-covered roads
- Lowell Elementary School closed due to flooding, officials say
- District: Some Janesville school bus routes canceled because of slippery roads
- Local Wisconsin man remembers meeting Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
- Parents of girl charged in 'Slender Man' stabbing speak out
- 6-year-old girl buys birthday gifts for children in need