LANCASTER, Wis. - A 15-year-old girl was killed in a single-vehicle crash Wednesday in Grant County, according to the Grant County Sheriff's Office.
Emergency crews were called to Liberty Ridge Road between County Road E and Hill Road in Liberty Township at 4:42 p.m. on a report of a crash.
Deputies said the 16-year-old driver and three other passengers, between the ages of 15 and 17, were taken to Grant Regional Hospital and some were later transported by MedFlight and MedLink.
A 15-year-old girl was pronounced dead at the scene by the Grant County Coroner.
All victims are students at Lancaster High School. Deputies said the high school was offering counseling services to students.
Investigators said speed could be a contributing factor in the crash.
The sheriff's department is withholding the names of the victims citing an ongoing investigation into the cause of the crash.
- Circus World director 'optimistic' in wake of Ringling Bros. shutdown
- Missing Beloit man found dead
- Billion dollar company plans for joint venture
- Superior boat builder secures $6M contract for Texas project
- Man suffers serious injuries in snowmobile rollover
- Janesville police looking for accused Target thief