DARLINGTON, Wis. - A Darlington teenager suffered serious injuries in a crash Saturday night and was also cited on suspicion of operating while intoxicated, according to the Lafayette County Sheriff's Office.
Deputies were called to State Highway 11 in the town of Gratiot at 11:07 p.m. for a report of a two-vehicle crash. Investigators said Thomas J. Wonders, 62, of Darlington, was traveling west with three passengers from Darlington when his vehicle was hit from behind by a vehicle driven by the 16-year-old.
The 16-year-old was taken to Memorial Hospital of Lafayette County for serious injuries and was later taken to University of Wisconsin Hospital in Madison. Wonders and his passengers were taken to Memorial Hospital of Lafayette County for treatment of minor injuries.
The teen was cited on suspicion of operating while intoxicated and permittee operating a vehicle without an instructor.
Rural Medical Ambulance, Gratiot Fire Department, and Gratiot First Response assisted at the scene.
- City streets dept. denies telling MMSD roads were OK
- Phone scammer claims to be MPD Chief Mike Koval, officials say
- Icy Dane County road causes nearly 40-car pileup, officials say
- Man, woman caught selling stolen bike on Craigslist, police say
- Evers has $117,000 in bank for superintendent run
- Police: Teens try to open Madison girl's car door, flash gun at her