MILWAUKEE - A Florida teenager who plummeted 100 feet from a Wisconsin amusement park ride in 2010 is getting some help from actor Charlie Sheen.
Teagan Marti suffered brain, spine, pelvis and internal injuries when nets and air bags that were supposed to catch riders on the free-fall ride were not raised. She was paralyzed initially but through physical therapy is now able to walk with a walker.
A Marti family friend in Eau Claire asked Sheen for $6,000 to cover therapy dog training, and Sheen wired $10,000 on Thursday.
Sheen said he found it impossible not to help after getting the request and he likes to "pay it forward."
The 15-year-old said she didn't really know much about Sheen before but now thinks he's kind and generous.Teen injured in Dells accident gets therapy dog from Charlie Sheen
- Poynette woman calls for action over million-dollar scam
- Warmer weather means construction starts on Capitol Square
- Family-owned business disputes child labor laws
- Memorial High all-school read sparks conversations about race, social justice
- DNR provides funding to remove lead service lines from homes
- Delavan man killed in motorcycle vs. tree crash, officials say