MILWAUKEE - A Florida teenager who plummeted 100 feet from a Wisconsin amusement park ride in 2010 is getting some help from actor Charlie Sheen.
Teagan Marti suffered brain, spine, pelvis and internal injuries when nets and air bags that were supposed to catch riders on the free-fall ride were not raised. She was paralyzed initially but through physical therapy is now able to walk with a walker.
A Marti family friend in Eau Claire asked Sheen for $6,000 to cover therapy dog training, and Sheen wired $10,000 on Thursday.
Sheen said he found it impossible not to help after getting the request and he likes to "pay it forward."
The 15-year-old said she didn't really know much about Sheen before but now thinks he's kind and generous.Teen injured in Dells accident gets therapy dog from Charlie Sheen
- Detectives seek help identifying burglar in surveillance pics
- Bill would limit influence of unions on public project bids
- Dane County inmate who was AWOL 10 days back in custody
- Lawmaker wants Milwaukee County sheriff removed
- State Democrats defend abortion access with resolution
- 3 adults, 1 child fall through ice on Sauk County lake