MILWAUKEE - A Florida teenager who plummeted 100 feet from a Wisconsin amusement park ride in 2010 is getting some help from actor Charlie Sheen.
Teagan Marti suffered brain, spine, pelvis and internal injuries when nets and air bags that were supposed to catch riders on the free-fall ride were not raised. She was paralyzed initially but through physical therapy is now able to walk with a walker.
A Marti family friend in Eau Claire asked Sheen for $6,000 to cover therapy dog training, and Sheen wired $10,000 on Thursday.
Sheen said he found it impossible not to help after getting the request and he likes to "pay it forward."
The 15-year-old said she didn't really know much about Sheen before but now thinks he's kind and generous.Teen injured in Dells accident gets therapy dog from Charlie Sheen
- Lack of sand for roads prompts Wisconsin Dells school closure, official says
- Mother, missing children could be in Black Hills
- Man arrested on suspicion of OWI after crash injures 3
- Man arrested on suspicion of 4th OWI
- Former president George H.W. Bush hospitalized
- Family remembers fire that took 4 kids' lives 25 years later