TOWN OF SYLVESTER, Wis. - Officials said a teen was injured Friday shortly after noon when a firearm accidentally discharged.
The Green County Sheriff's Department said four people were shooting skeet when a shotgun malfunctioned.
A 17-year-old boy was clearing the weapon when the shotgun went off, the report said. Shotgun pellets ricocheted off the ground and hit a 17-year-old boy in the right facial area, right shoulder and right wrist in numerous spots.
The injured teen was treated for non-life-threatening injures, the sheriff said.
- District: Some Janesville school bus routes canceled because of slippery roads
- Local Wisconsin man remembers meeting Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
- Parents of girl charged in 'Slender Man' stabbing speak out
- 6-year-old girl buys birthday gifts for children in need
- Woman's self-written obituary goes viral
- Ryan meets in Janesville with police chiefs from across US