TOWN OF SYLVESTER, Wis. - Officials said a teen was injured Friday shortly after noon when a firearm accidentally discharged.
The Green County Sheriff's Department said four people were shooting skeet when a shotgun malfunctioned.
A 17-year-old boy was clearing the weapon when the shotgun went off, the report said. Shotgun pellets ricocheted off the ground and hit a 17-year-old boy in the right facial area, right shoulder and right wrist in numerous spots.
The injured teen was treated for non-life-threatening injures, the sheriff said.
- Police questioning suspect in Middleton homicide
- Robber points gun at motel clerk, flees empty-handed
- Wisconsin woman's play to take stage in San Diego
- Aging farmers in Wisconsin fear nursing care may cost farm
- Green Bay official explores ban on openly carrying guns
- Sheriff: Alcohol may be factor in crash that injured two