TOWN OF SYLVESTER, Wis. - Officials said a teen was injured Friday shortly after noon when a firearm accidentally discharged.
The Green County Sheriff's Department said four people were shooting skeet when a shotgun malfunctioned.
A 17-year-old boy was clearing the weapon when the shotgun went off, the report said. Shotgun pellets ricocheted off the ground and hit a 17-year-old boy in the right facial area, right shoulder and right wrist in numerous spots.
The injured teen was treated for non-life-threatening injures, the sheriff said.
- Grocery store offers 'ugly' produce to combat food waste
- Silver Alert issued for missing Marathon County man
- Police: Boy, 12, to officers at mall: 'I'm going to kill you, your wife, your children'
- Man shot in face testifies in homicide trial of Sophea Mouth
- Man suspected in another downtown Madison car break-in
- Pharmaceutical center in LaCrosse announces layoffs