TOWN OF SYLVESTER, Wis. - Officials said a teen was injured Friday shortly after noon when a firearm accidentally discharged.
The Green County Sheriff's Department said four people were shooting skeet when a shotgun malfunctioned.
A 17-year-old boy was clearing the weapon when the shotgun went off, the report said. Shotgun pellets ricocheted off the ground and hit a 17-year-old boy in the right facial area, right shoulder and right wrist in numerous spots.
The injured teen was treated for non-life-threatening injures, the sheriff said.
- Dog recovering after eating nails wrapped in hot dogs; Police look for person who left them
- Dating apps pose risk to teenagers, expert says
- Lawsuit over baked goods ban heads to court
- FDA issues warning letters over 'bogus cancer cures'
- County leaders announce effort to increase access to services for sexual assault victims
- Man barricaded in house with guns, ammunition surrenders, police say