MADISON, Wis. - An 18-year-old rural Platteville man was struck by a car Saturday night and flown to a Madison hospital, according to a release from the Grant County Sheriff's Office.
Investigators said Jodie Chandler, 37, of Montfort, was traveling west on Highway 81 near Jentz Baker Drive in the town of Ellenboro at 11:45 p.m. when her car struck Michael Shirk who was in the lane of traffic.
Shirk was flown to University of Wisconsin Hospital because of the extent of his injuries, deputies said.
- Farms' thirst for water roils Wisconsin's central sands
- Town of Janesville man faces 6th OWI
- Angler catches massive trout, doesn't count for state record
- Overtime to catch Jakubowski cost Rock County Sheriff's Office $80,000
- Grant County school bus crash injures two
- Milwaukee TV station receives letter from author claiming to be Jakubowski