MADISON, Wis. - An 18-year-old rural Platteville man was struck by a car Saturday night and flown to a Madison hospital, according to a release from the Grant County Sheriff's Office.
Investigators said Jodie Chandler, 37, of Montfort, was traveling west on Highway 81 near Jentz Baker Drive in the town of Ellenboro at 11:45 p.m. when her car struck Michael Shirk who was in the lane of traffic.
Shirk was flown to University of Wisconsin Hospital because of the extent of his injuries, deputies said.
- Local Wisconsin man remembers meeting Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
- Parents of girl charged in 'Slender Man' stabbing speak out
- 6-year-old girl buys birthday gifts for children in need
- Woman's self-written obituary goes viral
- Ryan meets in Janesville with police chiefs from across US
- Review: MSO, APT craft annual 'Beyond the Score' concert