MADISON, Wis. - An 18-year-old rural Platteville man was struck by a car Saturday night and flown to a Madison hospital, according to a release from the Grant County Sheriff's Office.
Investigators said Jodie Chandler, 37, of Montfort, was traveling west on Highway 81 near Jentz Baker Drive in the town of Ellenboro at 11:45 p.m. when her car struck Michael Shirk who was in the lane of traffic.
Shirk was flown to University of Wisconsin Hospital because of the extent of his injuries, deputies said.
- Deputies warn of thin ice as warm temps continue
- Falcons roll 44-21 to reach Super Bowl
- Packers fall to Falcons 44-21
- Family, friends of Tony Robinson protest plan to return officer to patrol
- Packers fans stock up on snacks before NFC Championship game
- Wisconsin officials investigating skull found on vacant land