MADISON, Wis. - An 18-year-old rural Platteville man was struck by a car Saturday night and flown to a Madison hospital, according to a release from the Grant County Sheriff's Office.
Investigators said Jodie Chandler, 37, of Montfort, was traveling west on Highway 81 near Jentz Baker Drive in the town of Ellenboro at 11:45 p.m. when her car struck Michael Shirk who was in the lane of traffic.
Shirk was flown to University of Wisconsin Hospital because of the extent of his injuries, deputies said.
- Armed robberies in Monona, Madison may be connected, Monona PD says
- Widow of slayed Racine man wants ban of hollow-point bullets
- Wisconsin tribes clash in casino expansion fight
- Arcadia embraces Hispanic population amid immigration talks
- Find of device that looked like military mortar causes scare
- Lawyers for man charged in killing accuse victim's boyfriend