TOWN OF EXETER, Wis. - A teen distracted by a piece of paper flying around his vehicle was injured when he rolled the vehicle Thursday morning, according to a release from the Green County Sheriff's Office.
Deputies were called to the N9100 block of State Highway 92 in the town of Exeter at 11:03 a.m. for a report of a single-vehicle rollover crash.
Investigators said the driver, Lukas Adler Diaz, 16, of rural Belleville, was driving north on Highway 92 when he became distracted by a piece of paper flying around inside the vehicle. He drove off the road, overcorrected and lost control, deputies said. The vehicle came to rest on its top and Diaz had to be extricated. He was taken to a Madison hospital for treatment. He was wearing a seat belt.
The Belleville Police Department, the New Glarus Police Department, Belleville Fire/First Response and Belleville EMS assisted at the scene.
- Apostle Islands ice caves inaccessible to visitors2
- Judge properly moved teen into adult system to protect him
- Police: Boy, 12, to officers at mall: 'I'm going to kill you, your wife, your children'
- Hundreds of thousands of candies blanket Dodge County road, sheriff says
- State sues former UW-Oshkosh chancellor, business officer
- Walker sends letter in support of DeVos for education head