TOWN OF EXETER, Wis. - A teen distracted by a piece of paper flying around his vehicle was injured when he rolled the vehicle Thursday morning, according to a release from the Green County Sheriff's Office.
Deputies were called to the N9100 block of State Highway 92 in the town of Exeter at 11:03 a.m. for a report of a single-vehicle rollover crash.
Investigators said the driver, Lukas Adler Diaz, 16, of rural Belleville, was driving north on Highway 92 when he became distracted by a piece of paper flying around inside the vehicle. He drove off the road, overcorrected and lost control, deputies said. The vehicle came to rest on its top and Diaz had to be extricated. He was taken to a Madison hospital for treatment. He was wearing a seat belt.
The Belleville Police Department, the New Glarus Police Department, Belleville Fire/First Response and Belleville EMS assisted at the scene.
- Family-owned business disputes child labor laws
- Memorial High all-school read sparks conversations about race, social justice
- DNR provides funding to remove lead service lines from homes
- Delavan man killed in motorcycle vs. tree crash, officials say
- GOP Legislature calls redistricting ruling 'dangerous'
- Crazylegs run/walk to close many downtown streets Saturday