BRUSSELS, Wis. - Door County sheriff's officials have publicly identified the teen who was killed when his snowmobile collided with a truck.
County Sheriff Terry Vogel said the boy is 13-year-old Brett Buhr of Brussels.
The crash happened around 4:30 p.m. Friday in Brussels and the boy later died at a Green Bay hospital.
The boy was on a designated snowmobile trail when he stopped before crossing the road. Officials say when he tried to cross he collided with a truck driven by a 47-year-old man.
The truck driver, also from the Brussels area, was not hurt.
Vogel said he plans to release more information on the case Monday.
- Multiple reports of gunshots heard in Madison Sunday night
- Deputies warn of thin ice as warm temps continue
- Falcons roll 44-21 to reach Super Bowl
- Packers fall to Falcons 44-21
- Family, friends of Tony Robinson protest plan to return officer to patrol
- Packers fans stock up on snacks before NFC Championship game