BRUSSELS, Wis. - Door County sheriff's officials have publicly identified the teen who was killed when his snowmobile collided with a truck.
County Sheriff Terry Vogel said the boy is 13-year-old Brett Buhr of Brussels.
The crash happened around 4:30 p.m. Friday in Brussels and the boy later died at a Green Bay hospital.
The boy was on a designated snowmobile trail when he stopped before crossing the road. Officials say when he tried to cross he collided with a truck driven by a 47-year-old man.
The truck driver, also from the Brussels area, was not hurt.
Vogel said he plans to release more information on the case Monday.
- 6-year-old girl buys birthday gifts for children in need
- Woman's self-written obituary goes viral
- Ryan meets in Janesville with police chiefs from across US
- Review: MSO, APT craft annual 'Beyond the Score' concert
- Pickup truck, car fall through ice on 2 Dodge County lakes
- Man killed after setting off apartment explosion