TOWN OF PIERCE, Wis. - A teenager from Green Bay has died after a swimming accident in Kewaunee County.
The sheriff's office says the 15-year-old boy was swimming with friends Sunday afternoon at Krohns Lake County Park in the Town of Pierce. WLUK-TV (http://bit.ly/15gDfJ8) reports the group had been jumping from a platform and the boy wasn't able to swim back to it.
Rescue crews pulled him out of the water about 15 minutes later. He was taken to a hospital, but died Monday afternoon.
The sheriff's office says the boy drowned. His name was not immediately released.
- Majority of Superior shipyard workers test positive for lead
- Law enforcement warns of dangerous, ice-covered roads
- Lowell Elementary School closed due to flooding, officials say
- District: Some Janesville school bus routes canceled because of slippery roads
- Local Wisconsin man remembers meeting Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
- Parents of girl charged in 'Slender Man' stabbing speak out