TOWN OF PIERCE, Wis. - A teenager from Green Bay has died after a swimming accident in Kewaunee County.
The sheriff's office says the 15-year-old boy was swimming with friends Sunday afternoon at Krohns Lake County Park in the Town of Pierce. WLUK-TV (http://bit.ly/15gDfJ8) reports the group had been jumping from a platform and the boy wasn't able to swim back to it.
Rescue crews pulled him out of the water about 15 minutes later. He was taken to a hospital, but died Monday afternoon.
The sheriff's office says the boy drowned. His name was not immediately released.
- Police looking for driver who fled after causing crash
- 75,000+ attend 'Women's March on Madison'
- MPD: 9-month-old girl back safe after father refused to return her to mother
- Committee debates to keep or remove Monterrey Dam
- 2 teenagers chased by police die in car crash in Milwaukee
- Four displaced in west side apartment fire