TOWN OF PIERCE, Wis. - A teenager from Green Bay has died after a swimming accident in Kewaunee County.
The sheriff's office says the 15-year-old boy was swimming with friends Sunday afternoon at Krohns Lake County Park in the Town of Pierce. WLUK-TV (http://bit.ly/15gDfJ8) reports the group had been jumping from a platform and the boy wasn't able to swim back to it.
Rescue crews pulled him out of the water about 15 minutes later. He was taken to a hospital, but died Monday afternoon.
The sheriff's office says the boy drowned. His name was not immediately released.
- Stoughton woman faces 5th OWI charge
- Farms' thirst for water roils Wisconsin's central sands
- Town of Janesville man faces 6th OWI
- Angler catches massive trout, doesn't count for state record
- Overtime to catch Jakubowski cost Rock County Sheriff's Office $80,000
- Grant County school bus crash injures two