TOWN OF PIERCE, Wis. - A teenager from Green Bay has died after a swimming accident in Kewaunee County.
The sheriff's office says the 15-year-old boy was swimming with friends Sunday afternoon at Krohns Lake County Park in the Town of Pierce. WLUK-TV (http://bit.ly/15gDfJ8) reports the group had been jumping from a platform and the boy wasn't able to swim back to it.
Rescue crews pulled him out of the water about 15 minutes later. He was taken to a hospital, but died Monday afternoon.
The sheriff's office says the boy drowned. His name was not immediately released.
- Extra patrols added for spring party
- Shirtless female toddler on splash pad sparks debate
- Teacher confesses to sex with student in classroom
- Madison police find bullet in apartment on Russett Road
- Madison police investigate shots fired, crash
- Madison police investigating armed robbery at Oakcrest Tavern