LANCASTER, Wis. - A 15-year-old girl killed in a single-vehicle crash Wednesday in Grant County was identified as MaKayla Hore, of Lancaster, according to the Grant County Sheriff's Office.
Deputies said four other teens involved in the crash remain hospitalized in conditions ranging from stable to critical but stable.
All victims are students at Lancaster High School. Deputies said the high school is offering counseling services to students.
A Facebook page was set up as a memorial for Hore. Friends and classmates have been leaving messages on the page. Her track coach tells WISC she was also involved in volleyball and basketball.
The coach said Hore's death will "take its toll" on the community.
Emergency crews were called to Liberty Ridge Road between County Road E and Hill Road in Liberty Township at 4:42 p.m. on a report of a crash.
Deputies said the 16-year-old driver, Morgan Hoehne, and three other passengers from Lancaster, were taken to Grant Regional Hospital and later transported by MedFlight and MedLink.Teen death will "take it's toll"
The other passengers are identified as Jena Hore, 17, Nathaniel Tranel, 15, and Kindra Yoose, 14. Jena Hore is MaKayla Hore's sister.
Investigators said speed was a contributing factor in the crash but alcohol does not appear to be involved.
MaKayla Hore was wearing a seat belt at the time of the crash but deputies don't know if any of the other teens were wearing seat belts.
- Grocery store offers 'ugly' produce to combat food waste
- Silver Alert issued for missing Marathon County man
- Police: Boy, 12, to officers at mall: 'I'm going to kill you, your wife, your children'
- Man shot in face testifies in homicide trial of Sophea Mouth
- Man suspected in another downtown Madison car break-in
- Pharmaceutical center in LaCrosse announces layoffs