MADISON, Wis. - A Madison teen was attacked by a group armed with a baseball bat and machete in what police believe might be gang violence, according to a release from Madison police.
Police were called to the 1100 block of Catalpa Circle at 1:54 p.m. Friday afternoon when concerned citizens reported seeing the 17-year-old under attack in a parking lot.
Witnesses told police several young men got out of a car and chased the teen. He was struck with a bat and fists.
Police found the teen inside an apartment and said he was not cooperative.
- Pickup truck, car fall through ice on 2 Dodge County lakes
- Man killed after setting off apartment explosion
- District: Some Janesville school bus routes canceled because of slippery roads
- Driver of car going 107 mph suspected of drug use, deputies say
- Car reported missing discovered crashed into condo, police say
- Driver who nearly strikes state patrol car charged with 4th OWI, trooper says