CLARNO TOWNSHIP, Wis. - A Green County teenager was arrested Sunday on numerous sexual assault charges after an investigation by the Green County Sheriff's Office.
Deputies were called to a residence in the N2300 block of Bloom Lane in Clarno Township at 3:58 a.m. Sunday.
Michael P. Gifford, 17, of Monroe was arrested on suspicion of repeated sexual assault of a child, physical abuse of a child, battery, first degree sexual assault of a child and second degree sexual assault by use of violence.
Green County Sheriff Jeff Skatrud told WISC-TV the alleged assaults took place between July 1, 2012 and Jan. 6. He said Gifford and the female victim were acquaintances.
Gifford is expected to make a court appearance by Tuesday.
- EPA grant freeze threatens UW-Madison research
- Man on trial for deadly shooting says he was fearful for his life
- Suspected serial thief steals again, police say
- State manufacturing tax credit continues to grow
- Man scammed out of $4,300 by person claiming to be grandson
- Man stabs girlfriend in neck with scissors, police say