CLARNO TOWNSHIP, Wis. - A Green County teenager was arrested Sunday on numerous sexual assault charges after an investigation by the Green County Sheriff's Office.
Deputies were called to a residence in the N2300 block of Bloom Lane in Clarno Township at 3:58 a.m. Sunday.
Michael P. Gifford, 17, of Monroe was arrested on suspicion of repeated sexual assault of a child, physical abuse of a child, battery, first degree sexual assault of a child and second degree sexual assault by use of violence.
Green County Sheriff Jeff Skatrud told WISC-TV the alleged assaults took place between July 1, 2012 and Jan. 6. He said Gifford and the female victim were acquaintances.
Gifford is expected to make a court appearance by Tuesday.
- District: Some Janesville school bus routes canceled because of slippery roads
- Local Wisconsin man remembers meeting Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
- Parents of girl charged in 'Slender Man' stabbing speak out
- 6-year-old girl buys birthday gifts for children in need
- Woman's self-written obituary goes viral
- Ryan meets in Janesville with police chiefs from across US