MADISON, Wis. - A Madison bar and its patrons were robbed just before closing time Thursday morning, according to a release from Madison police.
Officers said that right before Chief's Tavern at 300 Cottage Grove Road closed, the robber approached patrons in an outside smoking area and forced them into the bar at gunpoint. He gave the bartender a bag and ordered him to put cash in it.
The robber ran to a dark SUV, which drove off.
The robber is described as black, in his early 20s, 5 feet 10 inches tall, weighing 225 to 250 pounds and wearing a full-headed ski mask, a parka with a hood and blue jeans.Madison crime map
- Deputies warn of thin ice as warm temps continue
- Falcons roll 44-21 to reach Super Bowl
- Packers fall to Falcons 44-21
- Family, friends of Tony Robinson protest plan to return officer to patrol
- Packers fans stock up on snacks before NFC Championship game
- Wisconsin officials investigating skull found on vacant land