MADISON, Wis. - A Madison bar and its patrons were robbed just before closing time Thursday morning, according to a release from Madison police.
Officers said that right before Chief's Tavern at 300 Cottage Grove Road closed, the robber approached patrons in an outside smoking area and forced them into the bar at gunpoint. He gave the bartender a bag and ordered him to put cash in it.
The robber ran to a dark SUV, which drove off.
The robber is described as black, in his early 20s, 5 feet 10 inches tall, weighing 225 to 250 pounds and wearing a full-headed ski mask, a parka with a hood and blue jeans.Madison crime map
- Poynette woman calls for action over million-dollar scam
- Warmer weather means construction starts on Capitol Square
- Family-owned business disputes child labor laws
- Memorial High all-school read sparks conversations about race, social justice
- DNR provides funding to remove lead service lines from homes
- Delavan man killed in motorcycle vs. tree crash, officials say