TOWN OF CALAMUS, Wis. - The driver of an SUV killed Saturday in a single-vehicle accident is identified, authorities said.
The Dodge County Sheriff's Department said deputies responded to a report of a vehicle crash on County Road G near County Road DE in the town of Calamus.
An SUV was traveling west on County Road G when the driver, Kyle D. Schultz, 40, of rural Beaver Dam, lost control and struck a tree on the north side of the roadway, according to a news release.
Schultz suffered fatal injuries and was pronounced dead at the scene by the medical examiner, the sheriff's department said.
Speed was believed to be a factor, according to the report.
The accident remains under investigation by the Dodge County Sheriff's Department Crash Investigation Team.
- Overtime to catch Jakubowski cost Rock County Sheriff's Office $80,000
- Grant County school bus crash injures two
- Milwaukee TV station receives letter from author claiming to be Jakubowski
- Drugged driving deaths surpass drunken driving fatalities
- Police: Man who threw May Day Molotov cocktail arrested in Elkhart
- 2 kayakers die after boats capsizes in Lake Michigan