TOWN OF CALAMUS, Wis. - The driver of an SUV killed Saturday in a single-vehicle accident is identified, authorities said.
The Dodge County Sheriff's Department said deputies responded to a report of a vehicle crash on County Road G near County Road DE in the town of Calamus.
An SUV was traveling west on County Road G when the driver, Kyle D. Schultz, 40, of rural Beaver Dam, lost control and struck a tree on the north side of the roadway, according to a news release.
Schultz suffered fatal injuries and was pronounced dead at the scene by the medical examiner, the sheriff's department said.
Speed was believed to be a factor, according to the report.
The accident remains under investigation by the Dodge County Sheriff's Department Crash Investigation Team.
- State manufacturing tax credit continues to grow
- Man scammed out of $4,300 by person claiming to be grandson
- Man stabs girlfriend in neck with scissors, police say
- Fremont woman accused in boyfriend's fatal stabbing is acquitted
- East Towne Mall employee attacked, robbed
- Woman arrested, suspected of abducting her kids