TOWN OF CALAMUS, Wis. - The driver of an SUV killed Saturday in a single-vehicle accident is identified, authorities said.
The Dodge County Sheriff's Department said deputies responded to a report of a vehicle crash on County Road G near County Road DE in the town of Calamus.
An SUV was traveling west on County Road G when the driver, Kyle D. Schultz, 40, of rural Beaver Dam, lost control and struck a tree on the north side of the roadway, according to a news release.
Schultz suffered fatal injuries and was pronounced dead at the scene by the medical examiner, the sheriff's department said.
Speed was believed to be a factor, according to the report.
The accident remains under investigation by the Dodge County Sheriff's Department Crash Investigation Team.
- Family remembers fire that took 4 kids' lives 25 years later
- Plea deal reached in killing of 13-year-old girl in 1982
- Madison Club donation focuses on 100 Black Men, achievement gap
- Madison Metro bus driver retires after half a century
- City streets dept. denies telling MMSD roads were OK
- Icy conditions send more people to ER for falls