MIDDLETON, Wis. - Middleton police said the 7400 block of Hubbard Avenue was closed as crews investigated a suspicious package Wednesday afternoon.
Officials closed down the area in downtown Middleton around 12:30 p.m.
Police said the package was deemed safe and the area was reopened around 1:30 p.m.
During the investigation officials said anyone already in the area should shelter in place and stay away from windows and the Hubbard Avenue side of their property.
The Hubbard Avenue Diner temporarily closed and evacuated their customers during the investigation.
Officials did not release information about what was inside the package.
- DHS: Wisconsinites hit hard by flu bug this year
- Powerball jackpot hits more than $403 million
- Woman parks in downtown Madison, returns to find car on fire
- Officials: Impaired driver struck multiple cars, arrested for 4th OWI
- Kentucky shooting suspect thought to be headed to Wis. now in custody
- GOP leader Fitzgerald introduces bill to relax well regulations