MIDDLETON, Wis. - Middleton police said the 7400 block of Hubbard Avenue was closed as crews investigated a suspicious package Wednesday afternoon.
Officials closed down the area in downtown Middleton around 12:30 p.m.
Police said the package was deemed safe and the area was reopened around 1:30 p.m.
During the investigation officials said anyone already in the area should shelter in place and stay away from windows and the Hubbard Avenue side of their property.
The Hubbard Avenue Diner temporarily closed and evacuated their customers during the investigation.
Officials did not release information about what was inside the package.
- Judge orders suspended UW student to face trial
- Mars investigating Skittles said to be intended for cattle
- Man sentenced in heroin overdose death
- Man charged in fatal shooting of sheriff's deputy
- PD: Man hit in head, robbed during believed stereo equipment sale
- Wisconsin farmers could be affected by late cabinet pick