MEQUON, Wis. - Classes will go forward as scheduled at Lake Shore Middle School in the Milwaukee suburb of Mequon after a suspicious find turned out to be harmless.
An object resembling a pipe bomb was found during a cleanup in the wood shop of the school Sunday afternoon, but it turned out to be an empty piece of pipe capped at both ends. The Milwaukee County Bomb Squad moved the pipe to a safe location and detonated it.
Officials say the pipe appeared to be discarded plumbing parts and not an attempt to build a pipe bomb.
A second search of the building was conducted after the disposal of the object, and nothing else suspicious was discovered.
- Dog recovering after eating nails wrapped in hot dogs; Police look for person who left them
- Dating apps pose risk to teenagers, expert says
- Lawsuit over baked goods ban heads to court
- FDA issues warning letters over 'bogus cancer cures'
- County leaders announce effort to increase access to services for sexual assault victims
- Man barricaded in house with guns, ammunition surrenders, police say