MEQUON, Wis. - Classes will go forward as scheduled at Lake Shore Middle School in the Milwaukee suburb of Mequon after a suspicious find turned out to be harmless.
An object resembling a pipe bomb was found during a cleanup in the wood shop of the school Sunday afternoon, but it turned out to be an empty piece of pipe capped at both ends. The Milwaukee County Bomb Squad moved the pipe to a safe location and detonated it.
Officials say the pipe appeared to be discarded plumbing parts and not an attempt to build a pipe bomb.
A second search of the building was conducted after the disposal of the object, and nothing else suspicious was discovered.
- Crews deal with dwindling salt supply, funds amid icy winter
- Monona cafe calls for action after no charges in embezzlement case
- Consumer Reports: Should you buy Ikea appliances?
- Consumer Reports: Foods that heal
- WEDC grants help grow entrepreneurship programs across state
- Political expert weighs in on effectiveness of Women's March movement