MEQUON, Wis. - Classes will go forward as scheduled at Lake Shore Middle School in the Milwaukee suburb of Mequon after a suspicious find turned out to be harmless.
An object resembling a pipe bomb was found during a cleanup in the wood shop of the school Sunday afternoon, but it turned out to be an empty piece of pipe capped at both ends. The Milwaukee County Bomb Squad moved the pipe to a safe location and detonated it.
Officials say the pipe appeared to be discarded plumbing parts and not an attempt to build a pipe bomb.
A second search of the building was conducted after the disposal of the object, and nothing else suspicious was discovered.
- Armed robberies in Monona, Madison may be connected, Monona PD says
- Widow of slayed Racine man wants ban of hollow-point bullets
- Wisconsin tribes clash in casino expansion fight
- Arcadia embraces Hispanic population amid immigration talks
- Find of device that looked like military mortar causes scare
- Lawyers for man charged in killing accuse victim's boyfriend