MADISON, Wis. - A Madison man police sought in connection with a shots fired incident was found hiding in a freezer Wednesday, police said.
Madison police said officers were searching for 31-year-old Demetrius C. Murray, of Madison, after an incident in the 900 block of Magnolia Lane.
Police said Murray went to a 30-year-old woman acquaintance's home at about 3 a.m. The two argued and Murray pulled a gun when she tried to get him to leave. The two ended up in a physical struggle and the gun discharged.
Murray left the Magnolia Lane home after a bullet hit a wall, police said.
Police searching for Murray found him a few blocks south of where the shooting took place in a Parker Place apartment basement. He was hiding in a chest freezer at about 8 p.m.
Murray was arrested on suspicion of first-degree reckless endangerment.
No injuries were reported, according to the police department.
- Man killed after setting off apartment explosion
- District: Some Janesville school bus routes canceled because of slippery roads
- Driver of car going 107 mph suspected of drug use, deputies say
- Car reported missing discovered crashed into condo, police say
- Driver who nearly strikes state patrol car charged with 4th OWI, trooper says
- Man pulls gun during road rage incident, police say