MADISON, Wis. - Two kids were in the vehicle with a 50-year-old man when he was charged with a third drunken driving offense Friday night, according to a release.
Wisconsin State Patrol said it received a report of a vehicle weaving all over the road on westbound Interstate 90 near mile marker 136 outside Madison at about 8:40 p.m.
A sergeant observing traffic saw a vehicle fitting the description of the reportedly weaving vehicle and said the vehicle deviated from the lane, forcing another vehicle to swerve to the right to avoid being struck, officials said.
The sergeant stopped the vehicle and reported smelling a strong odor of intoxicants from the driver, 50-year-old Dean H. Anderson, of Saint Charles, Illinois.
Anderson was arrested on suspicion of third-offense operating while intoxicated. There were two children in the vehicle, an 8-year-old and a 10-year-old, the sergeant said.
- Complaint: 14-year-old's father finds sexual assault suspect in closet
- Attempt to drill into SUV gas tank ignites fuel, MFD says
- New Glarus man stopped for expired vehicle registration faces 6th OWI
- Man robbed at gunpoint in parking lot, police say
- Bicyclist injured in collision with Buick, fire officials say
- Police: Student critically hurt in Kenosha school stabbing