MADISON, Wis. - A man was arrested on suspicion of third-offense operating while intoxicated after crashing his van into an SUV, police say.
Vincent J. Barkus told police he believes he fell asleep before crashing into the SUV at South First Street and Winnebago Street at 3:50 p.m. on Monday.
The 58-year-old woman driving the SUV and a 53-year-old man riding in it were taken to a hospital with non-life-threatening injuries.
Barkus told Madison police he knew he had crashed, but that he did not know if he had hit bushes, a person or another vehicle.Madison crime map
- Pickup truck, car fall through ice on 2 Dodge County lakes
- Man killed after setting off apartment explosion
- District: Some Janesville school bus routes canceled because of slippery roads
- Driver of car going 107 mph suspected of drug use, deputies say
- Car reported missing discovered crashed into condo, police say
- Driver who nearly strikes state patrol car charged with 4th OWI, trooper says