MADISON, Wis. - Madison police said they arrested a 31-year-old Madison woman last Thursday on a charge of possession with intent to deliver cocaine.
Madison police were investigating a stabbing in the 2400 block of East Washington Avenue last Wednesday when officers were led to the 1600 block of Wright Street for a possible connection between the two cases.
While at the scene, officers contacted Eveatt Smith, who wanted to retrieve personal property from her residence before leaving the premises, according to a Madison Police Department incident report.
Officers had no issue with this request, but needed to check all items that were being removed from the apartment.
Smith selected a backpack, and after officers checked the pockets, they found approximately 39 individually packaged substances which later tested positive as cocaine, Madison police said.
Smith was taken to the Dane County Jail on the drug charge.
- Crews deal with dwindling salt supply, funds amid icy winter
- Monona cafe calls for action after no charges in embezzlement case
- Consumer Reports: Should you buy Ikea appliances?
- Consumer Reports: Foods that heal
- WEDC grants help grow entrepreneurship programs across state
- Political expert weighs in on effectiveness of Women's March movement