MADISON, Wis. - Madison police said they arrested a 31-year-old Madison woman last Thursday on a charge of possession with intent to deliver cocaine.
Madison police were investigating a stabbing in the 2400 block of East Washington Avenue last Wednesday when officers were led to the 1600 block of Wright Street for a possible connection between the two cases.
While at the scene, officers contacted Eveatt Smith, who wanted to retrieve personal property from her residence before leaving the premises, according to a Madison Police Department incident report.
Officers had no issue with this request, but needed to check all items that were being removed from the apartment.
Smith selected a backpack, and after officers checked the pockets, they found approximately 39 individually packaged substances which later tested positive as cocaine, Madison police said.
Smith was taken to the Dane County Jail on the drug charge.
- Local woman shares warning after credit card theft
- Bond reduced in UW-Stout student death case
- Madison police make arrest in downtown robbery
- Downtown homicide victim's roommate: Victim was likely trying to help the man who killed him
- Vet: Quick action saved dog who swallowed nails; Humane Society: 'This is now on our radar'
- State receives $20,000 grant to combat drugged driving