MILWAUKEE - Police said an off-duty Milwaukee detective shot a suspect during an armed robbery attempt.
Authorities said the detective was approached by a suspect armed with a handgun who demanded valuables from the officer about 6 p.m. Sunday. The detective pulled out a gun and shot the suspect, who ran from the scene.
Police said the suspect later walked into a nearby grocery store for help. He was taken to a hospital and was in stable condition Monday. His injuries are not believed to be life-threatening.
Officials said the suspect is a 17-year-old Milwaukee resident. Police said the case will be referred to the Milwaukee County district attorney's office for charging.
- Suspected serial thief steals again, police say
- State manufacturing tax credit continues to grow
- Man scammed out of $4,300 by person claiming to be grandson
- Man stabs girlfriend in neck with scissors, police say
- Fremont woman accused in boyfriend's fatal stabbing is acquitted
- East Towne Mall employee attacked, robbed