MILWAUKEE - Police said an off-duty Milwaukee detective shot a suspect during an armed robbery attempt.
Authorities said the detective was approached by a suspect armed with a handgun who demanded valuables from the officer about 6 p.m. Sunday. The detective pulled out a gun and shot the suspect, who ran from the scene.
Police said the suspect later walked into a nearby grocery store for help. He was taken to a hospital and was in stable condition Monday. His injuries are not believed to be life-threatening.
Officials said the suspect is a 17-year-old Milwaukee resident. Police said the case will be referred to the Milwaukee County district attorney's office for charging.
- Dog recovering after eating nails wrapped in hot dogs; Police look for person who left them
- Dating apps pose risk to teenagers, expert says
- Lawsuit over baked goods ban heads to court
- FDA issues warning letters over 'bogus cancer cures'
- County leaders announce effort to increase access to services for sexual assault victims
- Man barricaded in house with guns, ammunition surrenders, police say