MILWAUKEE - Police said an off-duty Milwaukee detective shot a suspect during an armed robbery attempt.
Authorities said the detective was approached by a suspect armed with a handgun who demanded valuables from the officer about 6 p.m. Sunday. The detective pulled out a gun and shot the suspect, who ran from the scene.
Police said the suspect later walked into a nearby grocery store for help. He was taken to a hospital and was in stable condition Monday. His injuries are not believed to be life-threatening.
Officials said the suspect is a 17-year-old Milwaukee resident. Police said the case will be referred to the Milwaukee County district attorney's office for charging.
- Minnesota ban on Sunday liquor sales may be lifted
- Mustard Museum may close if county doesn't forgive loan
- Republican, Democrat each share hopes for inauguration
- Child expert weighs in on search for 9-month-old
- Sheriff warns of phone scammer pretending to be deputy
- Warm weather is melting away profits in the winter sports industry