MILWAUKEE - Police said an off-duty Milwaukee detective shot a suspect during an armed robbery attempt.
Authorities said the detective was approached by a suspect armed with a handgun who demanded valuables from the officer about 6 p.m. Sunday. The detective pulled out a gun and shot the suspect, who ran from the scene.
Police said the suspect later walked into a nearby grocery store for help. He was taken to a hospital and was in stable condition Monday. His injuries are not believed to be life-threatening.
Officials said the suspect is a 17-year-old Milwaukee resident. Police said the case will be referred to the Milwaukee County district attorney's office for charging.
- Poynette woman calls for action over million-dollar scam
- Warmer weather means construction starts on Capitol Square
- Family-owned business disputes child labor laws
- Memorial High all-school read sparks conversations about race, social justice
- DNR provides funding to remove lead service lines from homes
- Delavan man killed in motorcycle vs. tree crash, officials say