LA CROSSE, Wis. - La Crosse police say they are still looking for the man suspected in a convenience store slaying over the weekend.
Twenty-four-year-old Demario Lee was killed during a fight at the Kwik Trip early Sunday. Police say he died from injuries inflicted by an "edged weapon."
The victim's mother, Brandy Williams, says her son was from Rockford, Ill., and was visiting her in La Crosse. She says her son went to some downtown bars with friends Saturday night and went to Kwik Trip to get a snack afterward. Williams told WKBT-TV Lee is her only son and leaves behind a 3-year-old daughter.
Police believe the suspect is a 25-year-old La Crosse man. A felony warrant for first-degree intentional homicide has been issued for the man.
- Inmates sue over conditions at Wisconsin youth prison
- Crews put out, monitor insulation fire at construction site, officials say
- Janesville man killed in crash on I-90 near South Beloit
- Milwaukee coroner: Skull found on vacant land is decades old
- Kenosha man faces re-trial in 1990 murder of woman, 18
- More than 100 people to lose jobs when distributor closes in Watertown