LA CROSSE, Wis. - La Crosse police say they are still looking for the man suspected in a convenience store slaying over the weekend.
Twenty-four-year-old Demario Lee was killed during a fight at the Kwik Trip early Sunday. Police say he died from injuries inflicted by an "edged weapon."
The victim's mother, Brandy Williams, says her son was from Rockford, Ill., and was visiting her in La Crosse. She says her son went to some downtown bars with friends Saturday night and went to Kwik Trip to get a snack afterward. Williams told WKBT-TV Lee is her only son and leaves behind a 3-year-old daughter.
Police believe the suspect is a 25-year-old La Crosse man. A felony warrant for first-degree intentional homicide has been issued for the man.
- Police questioning suspect in Middleton homicide
- Robber points gun at motel clerk, flees empty-handed
- Wisconsin woman's play to take stage in San Diego
- Aging farmers in Wisconsin fear nursing care may cost farm
- Green Bay official explores ban on openly carrying guns
- Sheriff: Alcohol may be factor in crash that injured two