APPLETON, Wis. - Authorities have arrested a suspect in the deaths of a couple who were found dead in their home in Oneida last month.
The Outagamie County Sheriff's Department said Friday that the 19-year-old Oneida man was arrested on suspicion of first-degree homicide in the deaths of 77-year-old Harry Brown Bear and Lorraine Brown Bear. Police found their bodies Sept. 14 after a neighbor on the Oneida reservation reported not seeing the couple for a few days. Investigators think they had been dead for several days.
The sheriff's department says the suspect did not target the couple randomly.
The case is expected to be referred to the district attorney's office Monday.
- Man credits Mental Health First Aid for saving co-worker's life
- Adams County woman missing 10 days found safe
- Attorney: Robinson settlement a calculated decision by city's insurer
- Dane County looks into another option for jail renovation
- Attorney says officer 'hung out to dry' in settlement
- Lawmakers, group calling on governor to improve schools' drinking water