APPLETON, Wis. - Authorities have arrested a suspect in the deaths of a couple who were found dead in their home in Oneida last month.
The Outagamie County Sheriff's Department said Friday that the 19-year-old Oneida man was arrested on suspicion of first-degree homicide in the deaths of 77-year-old Harry Brown Bear and Lorraine Brown Bear. Police found their bodies Sept. 14 after a neighbor on the Oneida reservation reported not seeing the couple for a few days. Investigators think they had been dead for several days.
The sheriff's department says the suspect did not target the couple randomly.
The case is expected to be referred to the district attorney's office Monday.
- Family remembers fire that took 4 kids' lives 25 years later
- Plea deal reached in killing of 13-year-old girl in 1982
- Madison Club donation focuses on 100 Black Men, achievement gap
- Madison Metro bus driver retires after half a century
- City streets dept. denies telling MMSD roads were OK
- Icy conditions send more people to ER for falls