MADISON, Wis. - A surveillance system and Facebook helped Madison police track down a person allegedly involved in a downtown break in Saturday night, according to a release.
The 19-year-old that was robbed showed police surveillance video of someone cutting a window screen and breaking into his apartment in the 500 block of West Johnson Street around 11 p.m., police said.
The 19-year-old also told police he recognized the woman, Alexis R. Olivares, 18, of Madison, who appeared to be involved in the break in as someone he had previously met at a social gathering, according to the release.
The man showed police Olivares' Facebook profile, and she was arrested Sunday afternoon on a tentative burglary charge.
Police said they are still looking for a 19-year-old man allegedly involved in the burglary.Madison crime map
- Parents of toddler who died of OD are charged
- DNR board starts rule to delist exotic dove
- Trump uses Harley-Davidson in tariff argument
- Man killed by deputy was an active an engaged student
- Advisory committee finalizes wasting disease recommendations
- Former ADA files lawsuit claiming DA Ozanne harassed, retaliated against him