MAZOMANIE, Wis. - The Dane County Sheriff's Office released photos from surveillance footage of the man who robbed a Mazomanie bank Wednesday.
Deputies were dispatched at about 4:35 p.m. to the People's State Bank, at 222 W. Commercial St., after receiving a report of a robbery.
A bank employee told police a man entered the bank and demanded money.
The photos released Thursday morning show a person dressed in a navy zip-up hooded sweatshirt, dark jeans, aviator-style sunglasses and a bandana or scarf covering his nose and mouth. There also appears to be a white trim detail outlining the front pouch pocket on the sweatshirt.
Sheriff's officials said the robber is described as a white man with an average height and build.
The robber was given an undisclosed amount of money, and he left the bank and fled the area on foot, according to a Dane County Sheriff's Office news release.
Deputies arrived at the scene within several minutes of the call. A perimeter was established and the area was checked with the assistance of a K-9 unit from the Waunakee Police Department, but the robber wasn't located, according to the sheriff's department.
The Dane County Sheriff's Office asked anyone with information about the robbery to call the tips hotline at 608-284-6900.
- Madison police work to create better quality of life on top of State Street
- 'Out of the darkness' walk for suicide prevention
- Woman may face charges after being thrown from vehicle during crash
- Officials ID fatal Grant County crash victim
- Police: Electronics taken from Boscobel home Friday
- Armed robberies in Monona, Madison may be connected, Monona PD says