SUN PRAIRIE, Wis. - The Walmart store in Sun Prairie was evacuated Tuesday afternoon due to a gas main break.
The Sun Prairie Police Department and the Sun Prairie Fire Department were dispatched to the store at 1905 McCoy Rd. about 1:30 p.m.
Construction workers at the Sun Prairie Walmart struck a gas main, which caused a temporary shutdown of the business, according to a Sun Prairie Police Department news release.
Emergency personnel evacuated affected businesses. Roadways and intersections close to the scene were closed and traffic was diverted.
The Sun Prairie Fire Department and We Energies were able to secure the gas main without any further issues.
Police said the situation was resolved in approximately 30 minutes.
Walmart is again open for business and traffic has resumed normal flow, police said.
- Deputies warn of thin ice as warm temps continue
- Falcons roll 44-21 to reach Super Bowl
- Packers fall to Falcons 44-21
- Family, friends of Tony Robinson protest plan to return officer to patrol
- Packers fans stock up on snacks before NFC Championship game
- Wisconsin officials investigating skull found on vacant land