SUN PRAIRIE, Wis. - Sun Prairie police were called in to the scene of a 60-year-old man threatening suicide Friday afternoon.
Witnesses said about nine officers arrived at a senior housing area located in the 700 block of Chase Boulevard after employees reported the suicidal resident had a gun.
Police used bean bag rounds -- a less-lethal weapon -- to bring the man under control.
Dane County deputies were on stand-by while the incident unfolded, to help re-route traffic.
The man could face charges for disorderly conduct.
- Four displaced in west side apartment fire
- 'Peaceful' protests, candlelight vigil held in Madison over Trump inauguration
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- Classes teach Madisonians how to keep backyard bees
- Judge orders suspended UW student to face trial
- First responders urge people to stay off ice this weekend