SUN PRAIRIE, Wis. - Sun Prairie police were called in to the scene of a 60-year-old man threatening suicide Friday afternoon.
Witnesses said about nine officers arrived at a senior housing area located in the 700 block of Chase Boulevard after employees reported the suicidal resident had a gun.
Police used bean bag rounds -- a less-lethal weapon -- to bring the man under control.
Dane County deputies were on stand-by while the incident unfolded, to help re-route traffic.
The man could face charges for disorderly conduct.
- Minnesota ban on Sunday liquor sales may be lifted
- Mustard Museum may close if county doesn't forgive loan
- Republican, Democrat each share hopes for inauguration
- Child expert weighs in on search for 9-month-old
- Sheriff warns of phone scammer pretending to be deputy
- Warm weather is melting away profits in the winter sports industry