SUN PRAIRIE, Wis. - A Sun Prairie man killed in a head-on crash Tuesday morning is identified as 28-year-old Joseph Kreklow.
The crash happened at about 2 a.m. on U.S. Highway 151 near Columbus Street.
Sun Prairie police confirmed the car driven by Kreklow was northbound in the southbound lanes of Highway 151 without its headlights on. It struck a semitrailer head-on.
Police said Kreklow was pronounced dead at the scene. The Dane County Medical Examiner said Kreklow died from injuries sustained in the crash.
The driver of the semitrailer, Marcel Strelow, 63, was treated at the scene and released without injuries.
Toxicology tests will be conducted.
All lanes of U.S. 151 reopened around 6 a.m. after being shut down for about a total of four hours.
- Police: Teens try to open Madison girl's car door, flash gun at her
- Sonar scans help divers target Lake Erie plane crash search
- Suspected drunken driver hits car in oncoming lane, police say
- Teens say armed man asked them to get in car, police say
- Couple heard window being opened, scared off a would-be burglar, PD says
- City streets dept. denies telling MMSD roads were OK