SUN PRAIRIE, Wis. - A Sun Prairie man killed in a head-on crash Tuesday morning is identified as 28-year-old Joseph Kreklow.
The crash happened at about 2 a.m. on U.S. Highway 151 near Columbus Street.
Sun Prairie police confirmed the car driven by Kreklow was northbound in the southbound lanes of Highway 151 without its headlights on. It struck a semitrailer head-on.
Police said Kreklow was pronounced dead at the scene. The Dane County Medical Examiner said Kreklow died from injuries sustained in the crash.
The driver of the semitrailer, Marcel Strelow, 63, was treated at the scene and released without injuries.
Toxicology tests will be conducted.
All lanes of U.S. 151 reopened around 6 a.m. after being shut down for about a total of four hours.
- Poynette woman calls for action over million-dollar scam
- Warmer weather means construction starts on Capitol Square
- Family-owned business disputes child labor laws
- Memorial High all-school read sparks conversations about race, social justice
- DNR provides funding to remove lead service lines from homes
- Delavan man killed in motorcycle vs. tree crash, officials say