MADISON, Wis. - A Sun Prairie man is facing possession of child pornography charges after police said he sent and received illegal images.
A Wisconsin State Journal report said Phillip Rowin, 76, is facing seven counts of possessing child pornography and one count of sexual exploitation of a child. A criminal complaint was filed against Rowin Friday.
Authorities said a search of Rowin's computer and Internet chat logs revealed three videos and four photographs of alleged child pornography as well as discussions online with others about a sexual interest in kids.
Authorities began investigating Rowin in 2012 and police searched his home once in May and followed up Tuesday.
- Dating apps pose risk to teenagers, expert says
- Lawsuit over baked goods ban heads to court
- FDA issues warning letters over 'bogus cancer cures'
- County leaders announce effort to increase access to services for sexual assault victims
- Man barricaded in house with guns, ammunition surrenders, police say
- Local musician, drum instructor charged with possession of child porn