MADISON, Wis. - A Sun Prairie man is being charged after allegedly starting a fight outside a downtown bar early Wednesday morning.
According to a report from Madison police, Mitchell L. McGann, 27, was arrested after punching a 22-year-old man in the eye twice in the 500 block of State Street.
The victim said the attack was random and McGann punched him in the eye "for no reason."
According to the report, officers caught McGann as he was leaving a restaurant. He was taken into custody. McGann said he had perceived some inappropriate exchange with the victim was the reason for the attack.
He was taken into custody and is being charged with disorderly conduct, battery and probation violation.
- Angler catches massive trout, doesn't count for state record
- Overtime to catch Jakubowski cost Rock County Sheriff's Office $80,000
- Grant County school bus crash injures two
- Milwaukee TV station receives letter from author claiming to be Jakubowski
- Drugged driving deaths surpass drunken driving fatalities
- Police: Man who threw May Day Molotov cocktail arrested in Elkhart