MADISON, Wis. - A Sun Prairie man is being charged after allegedly starting a fight outside a downtown bar early Wednesday morning.
According to a report from Madison police, Mitchell L. McGann, 27, was arrested after punching a 22-year-old man in the eye twice in the 500 block of State Street.
The victim said the attack was random and McGann punched him in the eye "for no reason."
According to the report, officers caught McGann as he was leaving a restaurant. He was taken into custody. McGann said he had perceived some inappropriate exchange with the victim was the reason for the attack.
He was taken into custody and is being charged with disorderly conduct, battery and probation violation.
- Stoughton man critical after rollover crash
- 30 missing after avalanche buries Italian hotel
- One injured after stabbing in Madison
- Grocery store offers 'ugly' produce to combat food waste
- Missing Marathon County man found safe
- Police: Boy, 12, to officers at mall: 'I'm going to kill you, your wife, your children'