SUN PRAIRIE, Wis. - Investigators are looking for an arsonist after a weekend fire in Sun Prairie.
Sun Prairie police said firefighters were called to the 1200 block of Schumann Street at 1:44 p.m. Saturday for a report of a fire. The fire did $40,000 in damage and was brought under control within about 15 minutes. Police were called because fire department staff believed the fire was suspicious.
Investigators from the Sun Prairie Police Department, Sun Prairie Fire Department, Dane County Sheriff's Office, and Wisconsin Division of Criminal Investigation/ State Fire Marshal searched the scene and have ruled the cause of the fire to be arson.
Anyone with information is asked to call the Sun Prairie Police Department via phone at 608-837-7336. Anonymous information can be submitted via our tip line 608-837-6300.
- City streets dept. denies telling MMSD roads were OK
- Phone scammer claims to be MPD Chief Mike Koval, officials say
- Icy Dane County road causes nearly 40-car pileup, officials say
- Man, woman caught selling stolen bike on Craigslist, police say
- Evers has $117,000 in bank for superintendent run
- Police: Teens try to open Madison girl's car door, flash gun at her