CUDAHY, Wis. - Cudahy police have arrested a 34-year-old man after a 4 1/2-hour standoff in which shots were fired.
Officers went to a home Friday afternoon on a report of a man who made suicidal statements and displayed a gun during a video phone call.
Police say both the man and an officer fired shots during the incident, which began around noon. Surrounding homes were evacuated.
SWAT team officers used a chemical agent and entered the home just after 4:30 p.m. The man was taken to a hospital with what Police Chief Thomas Poellot describes as a non-life-threatening injury.
- Downtown homicide victim's roommate: Victim was likely trying to help the man who killed him
- Vet: Quick action saved dog who swallowed nails; Humane Society: 'This is now on our radar'
- State receives $20,000 grant to combat drugged driving
- Janesville police share internet safety tips for parents
- Facing deadline, most Wisconsin dairy farms find new buyer
- Congress considers removal of FDA oversight to e-cigarettes