CUDAHY, Wis. - Cudahy police have arrested a 34-year-old man after a 4 1/2-hour standoff in which shots were fired.
Officers went to a home Friday afternoon on a report of a man who made suicidal statements and displayed a gun during a video phone call.
Police say both the man and an officer fired shots during the incident, which began around noon. Surrounding homes were evacuated.
SWAT team officers used a chemical agent and entered the home just after 4:30 p.m. The man was taken to a hospital with what Police Chief Thomas Poellot describes as a non-life-threatening injury.
- 75,000+ attend 'Women's March on Madison'
- Police looking for driver who fled after causing crash
- MPD: 9-month-old girl back safe after father refused to return her to mother
- Committee debates to keep or remove Monterrey Dam
- 2 teenagers chased by police die in car crash in Milwaukee
- Four displaced in west side apartment fire