MADISON, Wis. - The man who triggered an eight-hour manhunt across Fitchburg and parts of Madison waived his extradition in Dane County Court Friday.
According to Dane County District Attorney Ismael Ozanne, Paris Poe, 33, of Chicago, will be returned to his home state for court on charges of a parole violation. It is uncertain when he will leave Dane County Jail. The Dane County Sheriff's Office will assist Illinois' Department of Corrections in returning him to the state.
Poe was taken into custody by a SWAT team at gunpoint during a high-risk traffic stop when officers pointed guns at his vehicle and ordered him out.
A federal warrant for his arrest was issued April 17. He was wanted for questioning in a federal murder case, and he had been previously convicted for aggravated burglary and robbery.
- Police looking for driver who fled after causing crash
- 75,000+ attend 'Women's March on Madison'
- MPD: 9-month-old girl back safe after father refused to return her to mother
- Committee debates to keep or remove Monterrey Dam
- 2 teenagers chased by police die in car crash in Milwaukee
- Four displaced in west side apartment fire