MADISON, Wis. - The man who triggered an eight-hour manhunt across Fitchburg and parts of Madison waived his extradition in Dane County Court Friday.
According to Dane County District Attorney Ismael Ozanne, Paris Poe, 33, of Chicago, will be returned to his home state for court on charges of a parole violation. It is uncertain when he will leave Dane County Jail. The Dane County Sheriff's Office will assist Illinois' Department of Corrections in returning him to the state.
Poe was taken into custody by a SWAT team at gunpoint during a high-risk traffic stop when officers pointed guns at his vehicle and ordered him out.
A federal warrant for his arrest was issued April 17. He was wanted for questioning in a federal murder case, and he had been previously convicted for aggravated burglary and robbery.
- Madison police work to create better quality of life on top of State Street
- 'Out of the darkness' walk for suicide prevention
- Woman may face charges after being thrown from vehicle during crash
- Officials ID fatal Grant County crash victim
- Police: Electronics taken from Boscobel home Friday
- Armed robberies in Monona, Madison may be connected, Monona PD says