MADISON, Wis. - The man who triggered an eight-hour manhunt across Fitchburg and parts of Madison waived his extradition in Dane County Court Friday.
According to Dane County District Attorney Ismael Ozanne, Paris Poe, 33, of Chicago, will be returned to his home state for court on charges of a parole violation. It is uncertain when he will leave Dane County Jail. The Dane County Sheriff's Office will assist Illinois' Department of Corrections in returning him to the state.
Poe was taken into custody by a SWAT team at gunpoint during a high-risk traffic stop when officers pointed guns at his vehicle and ordered him out.
A federal warrant for his arrest was issued April 17. He was wanted for questioning in a federal murder case, and he had been previously convicted for aggravated burglary and robbery.
- Complaint: 14-year-old's father finds sexual assault suspect in closet
- Attempt to drill into SUV gas tank ignites fuel, MFD says
- New Glarus man stopped for expired vehicle registration faces 6th OWI
- Man robbed at gunpoint in parking lot, police say
- Bicyclist injured in collision with Buick, fire officials say
- Police: Student critically hurt in Kenosha school stabbing