MADISON, Wis. - Lumosity ranked Madison one of the smartest cities in the U.S. based on raw cognitive performance.
Madison was ranked No. 8 on the smartest cities list.
Lumosity creates brain-training exercises and looked at 3 million people in the U.S. between 18-75 years old who played several of their brain-training games to come up with their conclusions.
Many of the cities on the list are prominent college towns with major research universities.
Cities topping the list above Madison include Ithata, N.Y., State College, Pa., Lafayette-West Lafayette, Ind., Iowa City, Iowa, Ames, Iowa, Ann Arbor, Mich., and Bloomington, Ind.
- Minnesota ban on Sunday liquor sales may be lifted
- Mustard Museum may close if county doesn't forgive loan
- Republican, Democrat each share hopes for inauguration
- Child expert weighs in on search for 9-month-old
- Sheriff warns of phone scammer pretending to be deputy
- Warm weather is melting away profits in the winter sports industry