MADISON, Wis. - Lumosity ranked Madison one of the smartest cities in the U.S. based on raw cognitive performance.
Madison was ranked No. 8 on the smartest cities list.
Lumosity creates brain-training exercises and looked at 3 million people in the U.S. between 18-75 years old who played several of their brain-training games to come up with their conclusions.
Many of the cities on the list are prominent college towns with major research universities.
Cities topping the list above Madison include Ithata, N.Y., State College, Pa., Lafayette-West Lafayette, Ind., Iowa City, Iowa, Ames, Iowa, Ann Arbor, Mich., and Bloomington, Ind.
- Women accused of attacking 17-year-old girl at Memorial High School
- Toxic gas released in Kenosha County truck crash
- Bill would let victims, witnesses block body camera releases
- 2 deputies on leave after man shoots himself during eviction
- New route set for Ride the Drive
- Girl awarded for homeless birthday program