MADISON, Wis. - A consumer advocacy website has named Madison among the best cities for recreational activities, according to a release.
The website, NerdWallet, considered the city's recreation options, most parkland and largest number of playgrounds, recreation centers and senior centers, according to the release.
Madison was ranked as the second best city for recreation in the nation, according to the release. Madison has the most recreation facilities of any city on the list as well as the number of playgrounds.
Madison has 251.1 recreation facilities per every 100,000 residents and 7.1 playgrounds per every 10,000 residents, according to the release. Madison also has a number of golf courses, pools, and conservation parks, as well as recreation centers and gyms that offer memberships to the general public.
"We have a great quality of life here in Madison, and as a community we do an especially good job in providing ample opportunities for all kinds of recreation all year long," Deb Archer, president and CEO of the Greater Madison Convention and Visitors Bureau and Madison Area Sports Commission, said in the release.
The number one city in the nation according to the study is Minneapolis, Minn., with Saint Paul, Minn., coming in third, Cincinnati, Ohio, coming in fourth, and Norfolk, Va., coming in fifth.
To see the full list, click here.
- Dog recovering after eating nails wrapped in hot dogs; Police look for person who left them
- Dating apps pose risk to teenagers, expert says
- Lawsuit over baked goods ban heads to court
- FDA issues warning letters over 'bogus cancer cures'
- County leaders announce effort to increase access to services for sexual assault victims
- Man barricaded in house with guns, ammunition surrenders, police say