A bus carrying approximately 19 Belleville School District students slid off State Highway 69 near Morehead Drive in icy conditions Thursday morning.
The slide-off was reported at about 7:35 a.m.
Dane County Sheriff's deputies said the bus was slowly approaching a stop sign when glare ice caused it to slide off the road. The bus fell against a large tree keeping it from turning over in the ditch.
The Belleville Superintendent told WISC-TV all the students were fine. One student reported a minor injury.
The students were checked by emergency responders, picked up by another bus and taken to class.
- 75,000+ attend 'Women's March on Madison'
- Police looking for driver who fled after causing crash
- MPD: 9-month-old girl back safe after father refused to return her to mother
- Committee debates to keep or remove Monterrey Dam
- 2 teenagers chased by police die in car crash in Milwaukee
- Four displaced in west side apartment fire