A bus carrying approximately 19 Belleville School District students slid off State Highway 69 near Morehead Drive in icy conditions Thursday morning.
The slide-off was reported at about 7:35 a.m.
Dane County Sheriff's deputies said the bus was slowly approaching a stop sign when glare ice caused it to slide off the road. The bus fell against a large tree keeping it from turning over in the ditch.
The Belleville Superintendent told WISC-TV all the students were fine. One student reported a minor injury.
The students were checked by emergency responders, picked up by another bus and taken to class.
- State at high risk of wildfires after sunny, dry weather
- 15-year-old girl shot with BB gun at Elver Park
- Missing girl found in Fort Atkinson man's home; man faces federal kidnapping charges
- 2 seen fleeing scene of gunfire, crash, police say
- Prosecutor: Deputy was justified in shooting
- Man beaten, robbed outside apartment, police say