A bus carrying approximately 19 Belleville School District students slid off State Highway 69 near Morehead Drive in icy conditions Thursday morning.
The slide-off was reported at about 7:35 a.m.
Dane County Sheriff's deputies said the bus was slowly approaching a stop sign when glare ice caused it to slide off the road. The bus fell against a large tree keeping it from turning over in the ditch.
The Belleville Superintendent told WISC-TV all the students were fine. One student reported a minor injury.
The students were checked by emergency responders, picked up by another bus and taken to class.
- Consumer Reports: Samsung Galaxy S8 first look
- Chief: Monday was 'horribly compelling night of crime' in Madison
- New gallery showcases visually impaired artists, proves creativity has no boundaries
- Attorney: Jakubowksi traveled mostly on foot, was headed to South Dakota
- Lettuce, other produce prices double due to wet California winter, experts say
- State Legislature set to give wells bill final OK