A bus carrying approximately 19 Belleville School District students slid off State Highway 69 near Morehead Drive in icy conditions Thursday morning.
The slide-off was reported at about 7:35 a.m.
Dane County Sheriff's deputies said the bus was slowly approaching a stop sign when glare ice caused it to slide off the road. The bus fell against a large tree keeping it from turning over in the ditch.
The Belleville Superintendent told WISC-TV all the students were fine. One student reported a minor injury.
The students were checked by emergency responders, picked up by another bus and taken to class.
- Suspected serial thief steals again, police say
- State manufacturing tax credit continues to grow
- Man scammed out of $4,300 by person claiming to be grandson
- Man stabs girlfriend in neck with scissors, police say
- Fremont woman accused in boyfriend's fatal stabbing is acquitted
- East Towne Mall employee attacked, robbed