Students at Fond du Lac High School are helping organize what they hope will be a world-record food drive this spring.
A Reporter of Fond du Lac report stated the students are trying to break the record for the most food collected at a single location in a 24-hour period. The current record is just less than 560,000 pounds of food.
The event is called the Food for Freedom Drive. It'll be held on the weekend of May 25 and 26 at Fond du Lac High School.
Volunteers will be helping from Brown, Fond du Lac, Outagamie, Sheboygan and Winnebago counties.
Event coordinator Daniel Loomans is scheduled to promote the food drive Monday before the Fond du Lac Board of Education.
- Committee debates to keep or remove Monterrey Dam
- 2 teenagers chased by police die in car crash in Milwaukee
- Four displaced in west side apartment fire
- 'Peaceful' protests, candlelight vigil held in Madison over Trump inauguration
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- Classes teach Madisonians how to keep backyard bees