Students at Fond du Lac High School are helping organize what they hope will be a world-record food drive this spring.
A Reporter of Fond du Lac report stated the students are trying to break the record for the most food collected at a single location in a 24-hour period. The current record is just less than 560,000 pounds of food.
The event is called the Food for Freedom Drive. It'll be held on the weekend of May 25 and 26 at Fond du Lac High School.
Volunteers will be helping from Brown, Fond du Lac, Outagamie, Sheboygan and Winnebago counties.
Event coordinator Daniel Loomans is scheduled to promote the food drive Monday before the Fond du Lac Board of Education.
- Consumer Reports: Samsung Galaxy S8 first look
- Chief: Monday was 'horribly compelling night of crime' in Madison
- New gallery showcases visually impaired artists, proves creativity has no boundaries
- Attorney: Jakubowksi traveled mostly on foot, was headed to South Dakota
- Lettuce, other produce prices double due to wet California winter, experts say
- State Legislature set to give wells bill final OK