MADISON, Wis. - Two 16-year-old boys told police they got into West High School and took school apparel after seeing on Facebook that other students had done it, according to a release.
Madison police responded to a burglar alarm at West High School Saturday around 11:40 p.m., officials said. When they arrived, officers saw two 16-year-old students exiting the building.
The students got into the school, changed into West High School apparel that was in storage for the upcoming school year and took additional apparel with them, police said.
The two 16-year-olds were released to their parents pending further investigation.
- Deputies warn of thin ice as warm temps continue
- Falcons roll 44-21 to reach Super Bowl
- Packers fall to Falcons 44-21
- Family, friends of Tony Robinson protest plan to return officer to patrol
- Packers fans stock up on snacks before NFC Championship game
- Wisconsin officials investigating skull found on vacant land