ALTOONA, Wis. - An Altoona student accused of hacking into the school district's computer system has been expelled.
WEAU-TV reported the system's server was knocked out for about three hours on May 2, disabling computers for students and staff.
Altoona Superintendent Connie Biedron said the sophomore will be expelled for the rest of his high school career, but will be eligible to take online classes to get his degree.
- Man suspected in another downtown Madison car break-in
- Pharmaceutical center in LaCrosse announces layoffs
- Warmer weather creates a bumpy ride for drivers
- 3 teens arrested in connection to several vandalism cases
- UW-Whitewater lowers flag for student killed in crash
- Man says Milwaukee sheriff Clarke detained him after run-in