ALTOONA, Wis. - An Altoona student accused of hacking into the school district's computer system has been expelled.
WEAU-TV reported the system's server was knocked out for about three hours on May 2, disabling computers for students and staff.
Altoona Superintendent Connie Biedron said the sophomore will be expelled for the rest of his high school career, but will be eligible to take online classes to get his degree.
- Minnesota ban on Sunday liquor sales may be lifted
- Mustard Museum may close if county doesn't forgive loan
- Republican, Democrat each share hopes for inauguration
- Child expert weighs in on search for 9-month-old
- Sheriff warns of phone scammer pretending to be deputy
- Warm weather is melting away profits in the winter sports industry