ALTOONA, Wis. - An Altoona student accused of hacking into the school district's computer system has been expelled.
WEAU-TV reported the system's server was knocked out for about three hours on May 2, disabling computers for students and staff.
Altoona Superintendent Connie Biedron said the sophomore will be expelled for the rest of his high school career, but will be eligible to take online classes to get his degree.
- Poynette woman calls for action over million-dollar scam
- Warmer weather means construction starts on Capitol Square
- Family-owned business disputes child labor laws
- Memorial High all-school read sparks conversations about race, social justice
- DNR provides funding to remove lead service lines from homes
- Delavan man killed in motorcycle vs. tree crash, officials say