MADISON, Wis. - A 21-year-old University of Wisconsin student suffered head injuries after colliding with a moped Thursday.
Police were called to the 600 block of North Frances Street at 5:20 p.m. for a report of an injury accident.
The woman on the bike pedaled down a steep driveway and struck the back of a moped driven by a 20-year-old man, according to police.
The woman's bike fell to the pavement. She suffered a head injury and was admitted to an intensive care unit. She was not wearing a helmet.
The moped driver, also a UW student, was not injured and not cited.
- 75,000+ attend 'Women's March on Madison'
- Police looking for driver who fled after causing crash
- MPD: 9-month-old girl back safe after father refused to return her to mother
- Committee debates to keep or remove Monterrey Dam
- 2 teenagers chased by police die in car crash in Milwaukee
- Four displaced in west side apartment fire