MADISON, Wis. - A 21-year-old University of Wisconsin student suffered head injuries after colliding with a moped Thursday.
Police were called to the 600 block of North Frances Street at 5:20 p.m. for a report of an injury accident.
The woman on the bike pedaled down a steep driveway and struck the back of a moped driven by a 20-year-old man, according to police.
The woman's bike fell to the pavement. She suffered a head injury and was admitted to an intensive care unit. She was not wearing a helmet.
The moped driver, also a UW student, was not injured and not cited.
- Madison police work to create better quality of life on top of State Street
- 'Out of the darkness' walk for suicide prevention
- Woman may face charges after being thrown from vehicle during crash
- Officials ID fatal Grant County crash victim
- Police: Electronics taken from Boscobel home Friday
- Armed robberies in Monona, Madison may be connected, Monona PD says